New Collaborations Artists/Architects/Communities
Patrick Geddes, the polymathic city planner and botanist, asked what are the new social forms to be? What, in other words, are the possibilities for new forms of engagement with landscape and their cultures. How are these forms of engagement intensified in the cases where the landscapes are marginal and the communities indigenous.
A series of artist/architect collaborations in the landscapes of the Scottish highlands and islands form the trajectory of significant new work...
- Juhani Pallasmaa, Community Arts Centre
LAPLAND / FINLAND
- Gavin Renwick, Prototype house/remote communities
DENE COMMUNITIES / NORTH WEST TERRITORIES CANADA
- Arthur Watson & Will MacLean, Northern Viewpoint
- Marian Leven + Will MacLean, Suileachan, A landscape observatory and monument
UIG, ISLE OF LEWIS
- Fergus Purdie + Mel Woods + Lei Cox, Camera Obscura
- , Field of dreams: A new house, the not-vernacular
- Tracy Mackenna and Edwin Janssen, Tracy Mackenna & Edwin Janssen
- Thomas Deckker, Inner Landscape
- Richard England, Church
- Alan Johnston, Central Periphery
SYMPOSIUM 10 - 4:00PM 14 MAY DCA CINEMA
+ EXHIBITION OF WORKS DCA CENTRESPACE GALLERY
14 MAY - 29 MAY 2009
Landworkers (the symposium, the exhibition, the idea generally) has been conceived and organized by MICHAEL SPENS in the Geddes Institute. The exhibition has been communally-curated.
Landworkers (the symposium, the exhibition) has been supported by
THE ROYAL INCORPORATION OF ARCHITECTS IN SCOTLAND,
THE SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE, +
DUNCAN OF JORDANSTONE COLLEGE OF ART & DESIGN, UNIVERSITY OF DUNDEE.
Susannah Kett, Geddes Institute Administrator
Tel 01382 385114